Glam punk/alt-pop rocker Darlington recently released a covers LP on Bandcamp.
Darlington had this to say about the album:
“The songs are just songs I liked a lot, some of my faves by artists I like a lot. Some songs I was already playing live. Some had no guitar at all. So in some cases it was a fun challenge to transform them into rock n roll versions. Overall it was just a fun recording to make.”
There is one original song on the LP. The title track “Caturday Nights” was inspired by the melody of “Higher and Higher” by Jackie Wilson.
Darlington said that he does music “purely for fun” and wanted to reflect that fun outlook on this recording. He wanted to showcase a diversity in his music and get past the days where he was known for exclusively playing punk rock music.
This free album consists of the 16 tracks (and the artists that originally recorded the tunes) listed here:
- Tiger (ABBA)
- I Heard a Rumour (Bananarama)
- Caturday Nights (original)
- How Much More (Go-Gos)
- Minneapolist (That Dog)
- Falling For Ya (Grace Phipps)
- Sometimes (Britney Spears)
- Everyone Knows (Joan Jett)
- All Time High (Rita Coolidge)
- White Christmas (traditional)
- Frosty the Snowman (traditional)
- Time After Time (Cyndi Lauper)
- Broken (Ny Loose)
- Too Little, Too Late (JoJo)
- Radio (Funland)
- Slide Away (Oasis)