- 1807: The Embargo Act is passed by Congress. The Embargo Act was an embargo on all trade with the United Kingdom and France.
- 2010: The Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy is repealed.
- 1913: The Federal Reserve Act is signed into law by Pres. Woodrow Wilson. Booo!
- 1865: The Ku Klux Klan is formed. Certainly not the brightest moment in American history.
- 1776: George Washington leads the Continental Army across the Delaware River planning to attack the Hessian forces in Trenton, New Jersey.
- 1919: Babe Ruth is sold to the New York Yankees by The Boston Red Sox.
- 1932: Radio City Music Hall opens in New York City.
- 1846: Iowa becomes the 29th state.