The only albums I am including that were released after his death are the ones with new music, that is, songs that were not previously released on other albums.
- Unfinished Music No. 1: Two Virgins – November 1968.
- Unfinished Music No. 2: Life with the Lions – May 1969.
- Wedding Album – November 1969.
- Live Peace in Toronto – December 1969.
- John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band – December 1970.
- Imagine – September 1971.
- Some Time in New York City – June 1972.
- Mind Games – November 1973.
- Walls and Bridge – October 1974.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll – February 1975.
- Shaved Fish – October 1975.
- Double Fantasy – November 1980.
- Milk and Honey – January 1984. *
- Menlove Ave – November 1986. **
* Recorded during and after the Double Fantasy sessions.
** Recorded during the Walls & Bridges and Rock ‘n’ Roll sessions.
Here is the compilation I would put together of Lennon’s best solo material:
Mother (from John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band)
Working Class Hero (from John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band)
Imagine (from Imagine)
Jealous Guy (from Imagine)
Just Like Starting Over (from Double Fantasy)
Woman (from Double Fantasy)
Borrowed Time (from Milk and Honey)
Looking back at this list, it is kind of unfortunate to realize that Lennon did not really make much good post-Beatles music. And come to think of it, his best work was in colloboration with Paul McCartney.