Charles Jay is the presidential candidate for the Boston Tea Party in 2008.
Truthfully, I was not able to dig up any meaningful information about his positions on the issues (and to be really honest I did not dig that hard). However, I was able to find out some of the positions of the Boston Tea Party itself so maybe that will help.
- It (The Boston Tea Party) calls for a complete and unconditional withdrawal of US forces from Iraq.
- It calls for a repeal of the Patriot Act.
- It calls for an end to prohibition of marijuana and hemp.
- It calls for a repeal of the REAL ID act and any National ID plans.
- It calls for legislation adopting an annual, regular increase in personal exemption to the federal income tax and Social Security taxes.
To me, this sounds a lot like the Libertarian Party. And oddly enough, Charles Jay was originally intended to run on the Libertarian Party ticket as Vice President until he accepted the nomination to run as President for the Boston Tea Party.
It’s party platform is very simple:
The Boston Tea Party supports reducing the size, scope and power of government at all levels and on all issues, and opposes increasing the size, scope and power of government at any level, for any purpose.